Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

#!

If I could tell you stories, I would make you laugh
I would make you cry
I would turn the world right around–full three hundred and sixty.
I would shake you up
(that’s right)
I would make your lips curve up
I would make your mouth form a perfect
Circle
(maybe a dimpled oval)
I would make your mouth tremble
I would make you
Lose Control!

I would feed you words you can’t resist
words so delicious–tantalizing beyond reason
(nothing else like it)
You live for this–for me to tell you
All.

Listen to me.

I can change your life with
One
Word

Weighted so heavy you will collapse.
You don’t know how much of a burden words can be.
Every day my head pounds
Words bursting fighting knocking clamoring pounding
to
            get
                        OUT!

If I expelled every word every day, I would be locked away.

Words like poison
dripping
v
   e
      n
         o
            m
            lethal
            hurtful
No one wants to hear.
Honest–so
Sharp!
yet so blunt.
Form the perfect weapon that can drive a wedge through the stomach

The Heart.

Lies like darts–
S l o w

Deadly.

You don’t see them now, but you will.

And they hurt in the end.
Restricted                                                
Barred
Caged

I CAN’T!
                        I have no choice.

All I have are the joyful words
Sparkling!
Delicious!
Enlightening!
I tell what you want to hear.

This is…
            This is–
                        all–

This is all I have to say.

The doctor is out.

*Scholastic Silver Key for Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment