Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Current Beauty Wish List

I am horribly far behind with beauty products. It is quite sad, really. One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to improve my makeup knowledge and application, so I need to branch out more–explore, divide and conquer! (I don't know.)

  1. Nars Sheer Glow: This foundation has been around for quite some time, and I only recently saw it in person and swatched it on my hand. I was astounded by the incredibly beautiful sheen and glow of the product. I'm not really a big face product kind of girl, since I'd like to save that heavy application for when I'm older and in direr need; though, I do think it's a good idea to invest in the foundation of my makeup (pun intended). I haven't tried many foundations–just MAC Face and Body and Revlon Photoready–so I think I need to gather my bearings and test some more out. I have quite dry skin, so I think the dewy, more liquidy foundations would suit me better. 
  2. Benefit Watt's Up/Stila Liquid Luminizer: I honestly have no idea what to do with highlighter and bronzer (more on that later). But, it appears to be a necessity as adding dimension to one's face is what elevates a makeup look to the next level. I'm quite interested in highlighter (not so much in bronzer, to be perfectly honest), and I've seen both of these products used quite often in YouTube videos, so I'd like to start with them! 
  3. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner: I'm still working on my liquid eyeliner skills, yo. It's really quite necessary, and ugh why do my eyelids crease like that. It's so inconvenient. Anyway, the Stila liquid eyeliner has been on my radar for a while, as I swatched it on my hand once and it did stay all day! The line goes on thinly and smoothly as well, which I love. Definitely need to pick this up next time I stop at Ulta or Sephora. 
  4. Urban Decay Primer Potion: I see this all. The. Time. I hear rave reviews about it all. The. Time. I think it's a sign I need to get it in my possession. Pronto. 
  5. Urban Decay Naked Palettes 1, 2, and/or 3: I'm not an eyeshadow expert. I'm a bit Lauren Conrad-ish in that way, because I tried that crease-blending thing once and it was a freaking nightmare. Well, easy does it, maybe... Naked seems to be a good place to start (that sounds hilarious). And I love nudes (that also sounds hilarious; apparently I'm really mature); not so much the bright shadows. 
  6. Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon: I have no idea where to get this because it's a UK product, but this look fantastic! Not as high maintenance as a lipstick, not as annoying as a lip gloss (I think, I hope). I just love this concept, and how pretty is that pink shade? 
  7. Nars Bronzing Powder: Here comes the scary part... I have never used bronzer in my life. Ever. I like the idea of contouring my face, but I am so freaking clumsy (it's a miracle I can get eyeliner on my eyelid, for crying out loud) I'm scared I'm going to look like... an orange lamp. A nightmare, really. But I mean, I better try now before I have to prepare for some big-scale event or something. I dunno what I plan to do with my life, psh. 
  8. MAC Lipstick: I've got my eye on shades Morning Rose, Speed Dial, Pink Pearl Pop, and Sunny Seoul in particular. As you can probably tell, I'm kind of a wimp with color. I also have fairly full lips (honestly probably my best feature), which can actually suck sometimes because then color is so obvious and can become overstated (I don't really know what I'm talking about though what). I think a lot of the final oomph of makeup, though, is the carriage. You've got to be one with your makeup look and carry it with confidence and poise; otherwise, any look will fall flat (once again, I don't really know what I'm saying). That being said, if I'm feeling bolder and more posh, I might try my hand with the famed Candy Yum Yum, Russian Red, and Vegas Volt. I think I have neutral undertones (must double check!), so I hope I don't have to pay attention to the whole yellow-red/blue-red tangent because I have no idea how to tell. 
    Sunny Seoul
    Candy Yum Yum





No comments:

Post a Comment