Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thoughts on Miley Cyrus

So because she has been getting an incredible amount of buzz lately, I thought I might throw in my own two cents.

Miley Cyrus has undoubtedly worked very hard for most of her life. I'm sure it is never easy to be constantly in the spotlight, particularly the Disney spotlight–because then she is automatically pushed to be a role model, and berated when she makes the smallest mistake.

She wants to grow up. But I don't think she has (and I'm sure many will agree with me). Don't get me wrong; I really do like Miley Cyrus and I still, er, somewhat ashamedly, enjoy the Hannah Montana series (please don't judge me). She actually is quite a talented person, and really beautiful. If she weren't in the spotlight 24/7, her actions would not be quite so harshly put down. But, it is what it is. I think that, in the long run, these experiences might be good for her. For now, all the hate she is receiving may fuel her to become even more rebellious and 'controversial', but I do believe that she will become the person she is meant to be soon after this (and that person is definitely not who she is now). I know it's annoying when people dismiss things like "oh, it's just a phase", but seriously, I think it's a just a phase haha. There technically isn't anything wrong with what she's doing; only, there are definitely people who look(ed) up to her, and I'm sure that the majority of those people are...confused. It might not be fair for her to have that kind of responsibility when it appears that she didn't choose to take on that burden, but if you think about it, she did, in a way.

Anyway, I still think she's a creative and great singer. It's simply how she chooses to use/flaunt her abilities (abilities including how she has maintained such an amazing body–that is actually pretty admirable). Experimenting is something some may consider a right for young adults, and that's exactly what Miley Cyrus is doing. Just wait it out :)

P.S. To remind y'all of her talent:


No comments:

Post a Comment